Monday, September 17, 2007
I'm back and better than ever!
Sorry I've been gone for so long. Life has been insane! Just a short update...well as short as can be. When last we left off, I had opened my lovely Etsy shop and had also found out I couldn't get pregnant. Well my husband and I went through all the red tape and are now foster to adopt parents. We did what was called "respite" care for about a week and a half to break us in. That's when the children already have foster parents but for some reason or another need basically a babysitter. They were adorable little boys. We now have a placement and we have been thru HECK with DSS. We have been fighting hard to adopt her. There are lots of issues on their end but we are doing all we can and we are confident in the end, we will get to adopt her. In the meantime we've also moved, we still have custody of our nephew who recently turned 15 and is now studying to get his driver's license! ICK! Things have been very up and down but seem to be settling now. I have expanded from just beading to all sorts of art work and also sewing and quilting. I hope you check out my shop for some of my new things. I need the income...oh yes...that is another story. I am now a full time stay at home mom. The job I was currently at decided they wanted me there all the time and to never take time off unless extreme cases. Well you need a flexible schedule to foster. So I resigned (no hard feelings) and found (I thought) the perfect part time job that let me take our child to school and pick her up after. At the end of 3 months, I was told I was no longer needed and let go. But was told I would get a good recommendation. Now we can make it on only my husbands salary but it will be tight. So hopefully I can get all my projects up and running and if not, I am looking into getting a teaching certificate...NOT a degree and being a teachers aid or just a substitute teachers aid. Then I still have the flexibility and hours of our kids. So there ya go, oh and I have another business venture but I will put this one in a post all it's own
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment