Friday, September 21, 2007
Foster Update
Good Friday morning all. I had a nice and quiet birthday last night. Getting up with the rest of the family this weekend for dinner. Nothing big. We have yet another meeting with DSS today, I tell ya they will drive you crazy when you are trying to adopt thru them. I have been working on a quilt and it's finally starting to come together. I have all the main pieces finally cut out and pinned down the first square with the pieces last night. It's my first and I hope it's going to be as pretty as it seems. The only hard part about fostering is yesterday she started crying about missing her birth parents. Which of course is normal but also heartbreaking for me for several reasons. So, on advice from her counselor, poor thing has NO pictures of her family and they never sent DSS any so there just are none. So I got her a special journal and let her draw pictures and then I write in whatever it is she wants to say, what memory she has and such. She's only 5yrs so she can't really write it herself yet. And it makes her feel better. And that's the important part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment