Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Frustration Sets In


Well I'm at Wal-Mart this morning and get a text from our caseworker Angie asking me if I had heard anything more on the delay on the adoption. Yes, you read that right. I texted her back asking what delay. So she was like obviously they didn't tell you. There is some obscure question about her biological parents on one of the forms that they didn't know the answer to so they left it blank (never been a problem before) but now the State has decided they don't want any blanks at all so now they have delayed signing the adoption papers and the DSS caseworker is having to try to find out the answer I mean it's no big deal and nothing that would stop the adoption, just aggravating because it's another delay in a long list of delays we've had with her case. And we had just started planning and bought invitations for the party and just set the date. Now we have to put that all on hold. Angie said she'd get a hold of Katie and get me some details and hopefully a time status. I've worked in that field and sometimes, there just is NO way to find the answer to that question probably some silly little thing since both parents did visitation thru DSS so they have most of the history they could have on both her parents. Don't you just love the system LOL.

Oh well, my half price sale on etsy is now over. Sorry to you all who missed out on it but never fear, I am having a 15% off sale on etsy and pinkdoodle. And don't forget to check out ebay

http://www.debtybeautifulbeads.etsy.com
http://www.pinkdoodle.com

2 comments:

Nora said...

I hope everything smooths itself out! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I hope this works out well for you. It's overwhelming how much is involved!