
Hiya everyone. Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I've had a really bad last 2 weeks. First, the adoption committee decided not to meet this month, so we have to wait another month. Ok, disappointing but hey, we've waited this long what's another 30 days, right. Then I get called in for a job interview for a full time teacher's aid, interview goes really well. Get a call from the principal saying I didn't get the job. However, he was so impressed with my interview he contacted other schools to let them know about me and if they needed someone they needed to definitely interview me. Ok so that's cool, disappointed about the job but at least he's putting my name out there. Then, on my way to take my daughter to the dentist, I get pulled for speeding. Was I? Probably a little bit, as much as he said, probably not. He was going the other direction with traffic AND a median inbetween us. He turned around and pulled me. Admitted I wasn't speeding then but when I passed him going the other way he "felt" I was so he wrote me a ticket. Ok, upset about that but luckily I am still on good terms with my co-workers from being a paralegal for so long so the attorney I worked for last is handling it for me, for free. Will he get it thrown out, I don't know. But at the very most I'll pay a fine but he can get it reduced so there will be no points on my license and it won't affect our insurance. And now, for the biggie. The one with no silver linning. Yesterday I stayed home, my daughter wasn't feeling well and I called into my part-time job, then at the last minute she decides she wants to go to school. Well I decided to go ahead and stay home and work on finishing up for Christmas. I go out and do some shopping and am home working on stuff and get a call from my bank and found out I was scammed/conned out of $3,500!!!!!!!!!! I had a big sale that I was so proud of and it turned out to be a scam. And apparently a fairly common one. I was contacted on Facebook and this guy said he was a buyer for someone else and placed a $147 order. I was so excited. Now I only take paypal and bank checks, well the check his "client" sent my was a "business" check and I thought it was a bank check, so I cashed it, kept my part, then wired the "middle man" the rest (who's in another country), I wasn't thinking anything bad....I thought it was a cashiers check so I was safe from fraud and I guess I am just a little too trusting. Well I got a call yesterday from my bank that it was a business check, the account is closed, and I owe the bank $3,500 now. They were very understanding and were the first ones to tell me I was scammed. I had to take out a LOAN to pay it back, the bank officer is being really nice and making my first payment not due until the last day of January. In the meantime, basically there is going to be nothing anyone can do, but I did fill out a complaint online last night with the FBI, I will contact my local sheriff's department and consumer agencies and such, but realistically, I'll never see that money. I have been so upset and just can't shake it. I am going to call work today and take the rest of the week off, only reason I can AFFORD to is I am still collecting unemployment from my last job and it will cover me not working. I just feel so stupid. Thank God my husband is being VERY understanding and doesn't even blame me, but I blame me enough for the both of us...and then some. So now I need to make some money to start paying off this loan. I am going to re-post all my items I thought sold back on my etsy shop today with all the other stuff I have and if anyone needs anything at all, PLEASE visit my shop. In despiration I am marking everything 15% off. I really need some help.



No comments:
Post a Comment