Well we had our first counseling appointment yesterday with Kennen and Bella. Bella is to the point where Betty doesn't think she's going to need counseling much longer. We were laughing cause I told her "it's amazing how better she's doing since we got rid of DSS" and Betty whole hearted agreed. Well she met with Kennen first, yesterday was just an assessment to see if she would be best to counsel him or one of her colleagues. (Kennen absolutely loved her!) Well obviously for the assessment I was in the office with him, whether I'll be in during actual counseling sessions, I will let Kennen decide if he wants me present or not, give him the opportunity to speak freely. But the assessment went superb! Betty spotted almost at once (and I can't believe it never even crossed my mind!) that obviously some of his problems stem from the past things he's been thru but Betty told me flat out she could not believe Kennen had never been diagnosed but he is TEXTBOOK ADHD. As soon as Betty said this it all clicked into place. She tested him and had him do a computer test and written test while during Bella's appointment and sure enough, everything came back as ADHD. And it's so obviously it's pretty severe. She was just astonished that it had never been caught, especially since I've had him in counseling before. But EVERYthing that's been going on can be linked back to ADHD. She thinks a light dose of a medicine and obviously work on his part will be tremendous help. And she made sure to stress to Kennen that he would have to work on his attitude as well, that the medicine is not a fix all, that he will have to work on it too. Which I love about her. And it all fits just so perfectly, and me with all my knowledge on these issues never even crossed my mind. THIS is why I wanted him to see a counselor, an impartial 3rd party who can see things in a different light and see things we can't see. So I am to call today and schedule him an appointment with his doctor for medication. Kennen felt much better too and we talked about it a bit and he feel's so much better to know why he's having some (or alot) of his problems. And obviously Betty said his past does influence him in part and we will find out during some counseling. We go back in 2 weeks. And since Mark is off on Fridays, I had him take Bella to school and I took Kennen. And he really liked that alot. Hopefully this will help us all to become closer as a family. I am feeling very positive about this and much better.
Well, yesterday I got a job. Not sure how I feel about it. It's running the front/helping manage a motel here in Franklin. The people who manage it seem nice enough and the owner is an actual BILLIONare. Owning tons of things here and in Florida. And the office closes at 9pm. I would be required to work a couple of evenings a week and maybe a weekend here or there. It actually doesn't seem like a bad job and I think I would be preped to actually run the motel, because they also other manage and run a lot of different other properties for the owner. There is one other job I am waiting to hear on. I am going to email her today and see if she's made a decision. If I am offered it, I will take it instead. It's working in a doctors office which is M-F 8ish to 5pm with all paid holidays and full benefits. I'd rather have this position instead. So I am going to email her today and see if she has decided. I was supposed to find out Tuesday but I didn't hear anything so I emailed her on Wednesday and she said she had a couple more interviews and should have a decision this week. Well I am going to email her again today, and tell her about the other position and let her know I'd rather work there but if she is hiring someone else I'll take the other job and just see how it pans out.
So....wish us all LUCK!!
Well, yesterday I got a job. Not sure how I feel about it. It's running the front/helping manage a motel here in Franklin. The people who manage it seem nice enough and the owner is an actual BILLIONare. Owning tons of things here and in Florida. And the office closes at 9pm. I would be required to work a couple of evenings a week and maybe a weekend here or there. It actually doesn't seem like a bad job and I think I would be preped to actually run the motel, because they also other manage and run a lot of different other properties for the owner. There is one other job I am waiting to hear on. I am going to email her today and see if she's made a decision. If I am offered it, I will take it instead. It's working in a doctors office which is M-F 8ish to 5pm with all paid holidays and full benefits. I'd rather have this position instead. So I am going to email her today and see if she has decided. I was supposed to find out Tuesday but I didn't hear anything so I emailed her on Wednesday and she said she had a couple more interviews and should have a decision this week. Well I am going to email her again today, and tell her about the other position and let her know I'd rather work there but if she is hiring someone else I'll take the other job and just see how it pans out.
So....wish us all LUCK!!
PS...big sale on my etsy shop and I have items listed on ebay so check 'em out!!



No comments:
Post a Comment