Friday, October 5, 2007

Update on me and family

Ok, my internet has been down since Monday and Verizon finally got it working last night (good think I checked periodically cause they didn't even call me and tell me like they were supposed to) and a LOT has happened since I've been away. On my stomach issue I saw a GI and have been put on a restrictive diet AND have to have another colonoscopy AND endoscopy done at the same time! When he checked me out he didn't visually see anything but did some paper test, it turned blue, so that means there is blood in my stool. Needless to say I'm freaked. Only thing that helps is the fact he couldn't even see it, it's so small. So whatever's going on hopefully it's not too bad. But with my anxiety, I will worry and obsess and make myself sick until the procedures are over and done with, which is Friday the 26th.

Then to top it off, Marks dad as you know has been ill. The VA finally admitted him to the hospital. Ran tests. Told us nothing for days. They found a mass on his colon. He has had previous surgery for his colon and part of it removed due to colon cancer and we were told then they didn't get it all. Well they have told us he has cancer and its bad. Had he waited 6months there would be nothing they could do. they have an appointment with the surgeon on October 12th.
Oh and also I have had 2 spinal blocks to try and stop my back pain (which has been getting worse) and they neither worked. The second time the doc noticed something in my lower back, some joint you are supposed to have on each side. He was feeling along it when doing the 2nd spinal block and noticed it didn't feel right so after the block he scanned it to check it out. Well instead of having 2 joints my bones are fused together right there. And he said if that is the source of all my back pain, the spinal block won't work and to quote him "they are a bugger to treat" and of course, neither spinal block worked. I go back to him in a couple of weeks. Pray for us as we go thru these hard times.

No comments: